Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Snake on the Porch

So, anyone who knows me at all knows how much I like creepy crawley things!! I don't even like ladybugs...they give me the whillies. Last night Jandon and I came home and I was walking down the steps to our front door there was a snake. It was huge. By huge I mean much bigger than a small gardener snake. I start yelling of course and then that makes Jandon a little irritated. I am stuck outside, because I am not walking down the stairs by the snake. Jandon goes inside to go get something to kill it with and he was inside for so long. I call my Mom and she was laughing at me over the phone as I am freaking out. She said Kaye got a snake out of her laundry room once. (that story did not help, because then I thought about snakes being in my laundry room) Finally Jandon killed the snake with a hammer and disposed of it. I was going to put a pitcure of a snake with this post, but I couldn't let myself look at a picure of a snake. YUCK!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm glad Jandon killed the snake for you. I don't know what I would've done if we had a snake by our door! I probably would have been hiding in our car until it was gone. Do they make any snake repelents that you can put by your door? :)

eryn said...

I would kill snakes for you if you ever need me to. After living in NYC and having cockroaches, nothing gives me the willies anymore. I've finally posted to my blog again, check it out.

eryn said...

I would kill snakes for you if you ever need me to. After living in NYC and having cockroaches, nothing gives me the willies anymore. I've finally posted to my blog again, check it out.

Michele Spencer said...

Why did Jandon have to kill the snake? I thought that he would be screaming right along with you. I would have climbed in a window before going inside.

philchef said...

The type of snake Jandon described is not poisonous, it kills by constriction. The problem is that this species has been known to get inside a home and then strangle a sleeping infant to death. So if you have or are considering having kids, you might want to think about moving. They will also attack sleeping adults, but you usually are able to wake up and pull it off.