Saturday, June 30, 2007

Stupid Question

Everyone knows the saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question". Here is an example of someone asking a stupid question: On Fridays, before I leave work, I make sure that all the schedules are out and updated, so I don't get calls from people not knowing what is going on. I thought I had been doing pretty good because it was 8pm on a Saturday night and I hadn't gotten any calls from East Lake. I must have jinxed myself...not more than 10 minutes later the phone rings. I answer it grudgingly expecting some sort of a scheduling issue. The girl says "Hi Angela, it's *Brittany...I was wondering if I could work on a different hall on Monday?" Now, does that question sound like any sort of emergency that you would want to call your boss about in the middle of a Saturday evening? I didn't think so. I thought that was a stupid question, and if you really wanted something you wouldn't bug people over the weekend. I simply said "no" She then went on to ask me how my weekend was going and if I liked having the weekends off. I replied "well, techinally I am having to work right now because you called me." I know I was probably a little impatient, but I was annoyed. I just couldn't get over the fact that she called me just to ask me that. Am I the only one that thinks that's weird? I hope not.
*Name has been changed :)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

That is hilarious! I can just hear you saying what you said to her. I do think that was pretty stupid of *Brittany! :)

It was great talking to you yesterday. I've missed you! Talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Geoff and Chad think it was a really good question and she should be rewarded for calling on the weekend. Kind of like when my Friday wisdom tooth patient calls Saturday night and says, "I am all swollen and my post-op instructions say I will be swollen for 3-4 days, so is that normal?"